Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Arrival of Cooper Emerson and Mackenzie Heather Eisenberg





Cooper Emerson Eisenberg was bon at 6:00 on Tuesday, September 15, 2009. Mackenzie Heather Eisenberg followed at 6:02. Cooper weighed 5 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. Mackenzie weighed 4 lbs 11 oz and 18.5 inches long.

I had convinced myself that I was going to make it to my scheduled c-section, but they had other plans!!! My water broke at 3am, we arrived at the hospital by 3:45 and I was in the OR by 5:00. They would have been born sooner, but the anesthesia team had trouble with my spinal, darn scolosis!

Mitch did a wonderful job capturing the birth, without the gory details. Once the pediatric teams pronounced Apgar scores of 8 for both initially and 9 for both at the 5 minute mark, he went with them to recovery as I was sutured.


I am so lucky that I was able to spend 2 hours with Cooper and Mackenzie in the recovery area before they had to go to the NICU for 48 hour observation (because they were born premature.)

No comments:

Post a Comment