Tuesday, September 22, 2009

NICU





As soon as I could, I had the nurse help me out of bed and wheel me over to the NICU. Mitch went over to be with Cooper and Mackenzie as soon as he helped get me settled in my room.





Getting to my babies was the best motivation for getting out of bed so soon after a c-section! I didn't stay long on my first visit, I got really light headed.

We spent as much time as would could in the NICU, although we allowed the nurses to do the night feedings so that we could get some rest. Most of the nurses were WONDERFUL at helping us learn to care for our tiny babies!

It was reassuring to have them hooked up to monitors, but it was also challenging to feed and hold them. We are so lucky that all of their tests came back normal and they never had any breathing problems. They even had hearing tests that came back normal and passed their car seat test. After 48 hours they were discharged from the NICU and brought to my hospital room for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment