Friday, August 14, 2009

First Visit to Labor and Delivery

I got a little concerned today when I didn't feel Mackenzie and especially Cooper moving around. I also felt terrible yesterday, just generally didn't feel right, so I called the triage nurse and she told me to come to labor and delivery.  They got me right in and hooked me up to a fetal monitor.

After an hour, I got a little concerned that they had forgotten about me, they did!  I was there over lunch, and when my nurse got back she found me very uncomfortable and still hooked up to the monitors!  They were very apologetic, but reassured me that the babies look great!  What a relief.

However, the monitoring showed that I was having regular contractions.  She did an exam and all is good, no active labor!  She asked if I had been feeling the contractions, it is hard for me to tell because my fibroid has been causing pain the entire pregnancy.  

I am still going to pack my hospital bags this weekend, just to be sure..... 31 weeks and all is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment