Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nicole's 33rd Birthday


Mitch and I drove down a couple of blocks to the local Sunset beach this weekend.  It was too steep for me to climb down (didn't want to end up in labor and delivery on my birthday!) We made our own beach area and spent a couple of hours relaxing and watching the surfers in the ocean and a wedding on the cliffs!  Mitch baked my favorite cake (red velvet with cream cheese icing!)  He also gave me an new water bottle (sorry Nick I've used the one you got me for Christmas so much that I needed a new one!)  After thinking that was all he was giving me, he told me to open it, inside was a letter for a pregnancy spa day in La Jolla. Can't wait to get it scheduled!!


My actual birthday, yesterday, I had to spend in a Command Orientation at the hospital and it was a complete waste of time.  The day wasn't too terrible, I did get a call from Pottery Barn Kids that the mattress for Cooper's crib was ready to be picked up!  We drove out to the store in La Jolla and picked up the mattress and an awesome changing table organizer (I can always find something in that store!)
Afterwards we went to Roy's in La Jolla for dinner, which was wonderful!  I even got a chocolate dessert and birthday candle without too much attention :)  Every one of my friends and family wished me a happy birthday either by email, phone or text!  You guys are awesome and mean the world to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment