Tuesday, August 11, 2009

OB appointment

This afternoon I saw another OB, wasn't able to see Dr. Wood this time.  She was able to get their heart beats with the doppler, which is always fun to hear!  I was a little disappointed because I've gotten used to having an ultrasound and getting to see them.  Mackenzie's heart beat was in the 160's and Cooper's was in the 140's, which is GREAT!  She measured my fundal height (a way to measure the growth of the uterus) and I am measuring 35 weeks, which is normal for twins.  My blood pressure and weight are great!!  
I had labs drawn after my last OB visit, and I have iron deficiency anemia. They started me on iron pills about 6 weeks ago, but they give me horrible stomach cramps!  My new OB really wants me to take an iron supplement three times a day!  I know it will help me and the babies, but I don't know if I can do it.  
I was also given a birth plan to go through and will discuss with Dr. Wood at my next appointment in two weeks.  The OB I saw today was just out of school and seemed less confident, so I am very happy to be scheduled with Dr. Wood :)  I see her again in two weeks!  
Next week I have an appointment with the perinatologist to assess the growth of Cooper and Mackenzie, can't wait to see them again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment